- “When I see a guy alone at a café without a device open, I assume that he’s either got the iPhone antenna problem or that he’s a serial killer … I’m almost never alone with my thoughts anymore.” (from Blogging from the Shower, by Dave Pell)
- I really love these vintage social media advertisements. Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce would be proud. (See also: The Periodic Table of Mad Men)
- The last six pictures from July’s massive oil spill in China are terrifying and heart-breaking.
- It’s pretty tough to argue that Apple doesn’t do everything better and smarter than everyone else, especially when you look at how amazing they made a simple battery charger. (I want one.)
- Research proves that happiness is probably not as expensive as you thought.
- “A 95-page court ruling on a college volleyball budget sounds like a Monty Python sketch — because Title IX itself has become a Monty Python sketch … Title IX strictures that were needed a generation ago simply aren’t needed any longer. But because no government program is ever shut down, they slog on, causing asinine intrusions.”
- It’s just not a real party until one of the guests decides to start smashing watermelon fruit bowls on the heads of the dancers.
- I absolutely must get a speech bubble whiteboard lamp for my office.
Bonus: Five Feeds I Recommend