— David Vincent Gagne (@davidgagne) October 29, 2012
While all my friends and family on the East coast were hunkering down for Hurricane Sandy, I went on a ten mile run in painfully perfect weather. I am guessing it was about 55°F, which is warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt and just cold enough to feel great once you’ve warmed up sleeping muscles.
One of the half-dozen side loops I added to stretch my five mile route to ten took me through the middle of Beverly Hills, right by the Beverly Wilshire. It was fun to see all the boutique cupcake shops and stores selling $100 t-shirts for toddlers.
Here’s a tip: If you see a striking woman dressed exactly like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman walking the streets of Beverly Hills at 6:30 on a Monday morning, there’s a pretty good chance she is exactly what you think she is.
Ten miles is the longest run I’ve made since my last LA Marathon and I’m feeling it already. But I downed a 3.6 oz chocolate Häagen-Dazs while watching The Walking Dead last night, so I deserve the pain.
Here are the tunes I heard on my run. I need to update my running playlist.
- American Girl (live) — Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- Last Night — Traveling Wilburys
- Come On, Eileen — Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- Peacemaker — Green Day
- (I Hate) Everything About You — Ugly Kid Joe
- Holiday — Green Day
- All These Things That I’ve Done — Killers
- Remember the Name — Fort Minor
- A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More “Touch Me” — Fall Out Boy
- Knockout (featuring Nicki Minaj) — Lil Wayne
- 99 Problems — Jay-Z
- No Sleep Tonight — The Faders
- C’mon, C’mon — The Von Bondies
- Scott Farcas Takes It on the Chin — Less Than Jake
- It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry — Bob Dylan
- Under Smithville — For Squirrels
- What’d I Say — Ray Charles
- Desolation Row (cover) — My Chemical Romance
- Mr. Chainsaw — Alkaline Trio
- Monkey Wrench — Foo Fighters
- Subterranean Homesick Blues — Bob Dylan
- Devil With the Blue Dress On / Good Golly Miss Molly — Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
- See You Again — Miley Cyrus