I got in a bit of a heated debate recently on the topic of whether there is a genetic link to homosexuality. I remember that there was a flurry of media coverage a few years ago on the discovery of a genetic link, but I also remember hearing shortly afterwards that there wasn’t much support for the theory. Personally I don’t really care, but I was a good bloggerbot and decided to see what I could find on line. I fired searches on Google, AskJeeves, The New England Journal of Medicine, and the Journal of the American Medical Association. Here’s what I could find:
- The Possible Genetics of Homosexuality
- The Hypothetical Genetics of Sexual Orientation
- On the Origins of Homosexuality: Is a Person “Born that Way”?
- The Fading “Gay Gene”
- Is There a “Gay Gene”?
- Is Homosexuality Genetic?
- Transsexualism, Left-Handedness May Share Origins
- Doubt cast on ‘gay gene’
- Study fails to support existence of a ‘gay gene’
- A Gay Gene?
- Search for a Gay Gene
- “Gay gene” debate re-opened
- Do Genes Determine Whether We Are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Straight?
- Genetics: Helping the Media Get It Right
- Is It in the Genes?
If you know of any other relevant links, drop them off here.