Note: This post is part of The Hemingway Collection, an archive of essays, images, and hyperlinks to interesting articles about the great American author.
This is a collection of papers, take-home exams, class presentations, essays, fiction, bad poetry, whatever … As much of my writing that I could find on this hard drive …
- An essay on Thomas Hardy’s “The Self-Unseeing” and “The Haunter”
- On Jonathan Edwards’ Resolutions and Benjamin Franklin’s Poor Richard’s Almanacks
- An essay concerning Coleridge and W.W.
- On The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- This Living Hand… by Keats – (this is my favorite one?)
- Descartes – Meditations on First Philosophy
- Putnam – on “Brains and Behavior”
- Two Essays from AML 3124 (1920’s American Lit.)
- Two More Essays from AML 3124
- Philadelphia, Here I Come!
- Philosophy Exam – on Plato, Descartes, Socrates, and Berkeley
- The Paradox of Popularity or, What does the 1994 MLB strike have to do with being a Tom Petty fan?
- on Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- In Our Time – by Hemingway
- Love and Role-Playing in Hemingway’s A Farewell to Arms – in which I analyze an essay by John Stubbs
- Across the River and Into the Trees – by Hemingway
- The Sun Also Rises – by Hemingway
- A Farewell to Arms – by Hemingway
- Sudden, Unexpected Interjection – on the intrusion of a first person narrator in Hemingway’s In Our Time and Anderson’s Winesburg, Ohio
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – is one of my favorite books. I wrote this essay on it in 8th grade! (1987 ??!!)
- Green Hills of Africa – by Hemingway
- an essay on Searle for a Philosophy class
- Placing Ernest Hemingway’s To Have and Have Not in the 1930s – an essay by David Gagne
- Sunset – one of my personal favorites … I wrote this “about a girl” …
- VW – another one of my favorites … for, by, and “about” a different girl, by the way.
- Blake’s Urizen – scary stuff …
- Shakespeare’s Titus Andronicus
- A Different Cowboy
- “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”:A Written Work
- To Have and Have Not – more Hemingway!
- For Whom the Bell Tolls – yet another Hemingway paper…
- Three Short Essays – a take-home final exam from AML 4311
- on Across the River and Through the Trees
- on The Short, Happy Life of Francis Macomber
- on To Have and Have Not
And, believe it or not, there’s …