My dog decided to cook himself yesterday. We have one of those in-wall electric heating units in the bathroom. Sometimes we leave it running because the cats like to snuggle in front of it when it’s cold. While I was watching USC crush Michigan in the Rose Bowl, my girlfriend asked me if I smelled something burning. I immediately jumped and ran into the bathroom; I was thinking that maybe one of the magazines had caught fire. But no. It was Budrick the Lion-hearted. He was standing with his rump on the heater slowly cooking himself. The stench of burning dog hair was overwhelming.
Buddie is quite a hairy dog. He didn’t even notice that he had cooked himself! I don’t know how he wasn’t concerned about the smell, but he wasn’t hurt at all. I chased him out of the bathroom and turned off the heater. We spent the next hour or so cleaning singed bits of dog hair that were sprinkled around the house where he ran, and burned about a hundred candles to try to get rid of the smell.
The Heating Unit
The Burned Rump: 1, 2
One Response to “Broiled Buddie”
New comments are disabled on this post.
Dude… be careful here. PETA will come and burn YOU.