Well, I haven’t jumped on one of these bandwagons in a while. Here is my Friday Five, all about television:
- What’s your favorite TV show and why?
Not including football? I’d say Law & Order or Law & Order: SVU. Law & Order: CI is decent, but I’ve only caught it once. I just started watching L&O a month or so ago and it’s excellent. There are a decade or so of re-runs that are all “new to me”, so I dig it. I don’t mean to sound like one of the herd, but I’ll add that West Wing, The Sopranos, and Six Feet Under are all absolutely incredible.
- Who is your favorite television star?
… <blinks> … I don’t really know. I used to think George Clooney was cool on ER. Does that count?
- What was your favorite TV show as a child?
I’d guess SuperFriends, G.I. Joe, or anything with Wile E. Coyote.
- What show do you think should have been cancelled by now?
I’m amazed that ER and Friends are still alive, but I don’t think either should have been canceled. Frasier, though. That would be my choice. I just don’t think it’s funny any more.
- What new show do you hope escapes the axe this season?
I really can’t say. I don’t think I watch any “new” shows.