Things That Currently Suck at the Encino Bally’s Total Fitness
- They refuse to post a sign at the front desk alerting members when there is no hot water in the locker room showers, which happens several times each week.
- When I joined a year ago there were multiple sets of complete ranges of free-weights. Recently, though, the dumbbells have been steadily disappearing at an alarming rate. It is now almost impossible — even when the gym is not crowded beyond capacity — to find a matched set of the same weight.
- The medicine balls have mysteriously been deemed to be an insurance risk, so you cannot use them to exercise without paying for a personal trainer to assist you with them.
- Although there are always multiple employees aimlessly chatting near the front desk, nobody is ever tasked with policing the free-weight area, so the few weights that are still there are never racked correctly.
- For almost a full year now the staff has ignored all of my pleas to get both of the Concept II ergometers repaired. (The flywheels, footstraps, and monitors are broken on both machines.)