- That’s What Bea Said!
- Avoid customer service prompts and long hold times with GetHuman.com. (And, of course, there’s an iPhone app for that.)
- The graphic Jish found depicting a Visual Explanation of Family Relationships is the first I’ve ever seen that made sense.
- If you live here, you already know this: Los Angeles is a lonely city.
- “If you believe what you read in scientific literature, you shouldn’t believe what you read in the scientific literature.” This is (probably) why everything you think we know might be wrong.
- Behold! The Periodic Table of Science Fiction!
- Chris Coyier explains the genius of asking for the hard part first.
And if you care about football and the NFL Draft at all, ignore what all the pundits are predicting and make sure to read what Cold, Hard, Football Facts says in A Tale of Six Quarterbacks:
Tebow not only passed the ball far more effectively than any of these No. 1 overall picks (Peyton Manning, Tim Couch, Eli Manning, JaMarcus Russell, and Matt Stafford). It pays to remember that, in his spare time, he set the SEC career record for rushing touchdowns. Oh, and he won a Heisman Trophy and two National Titles. Other than that, he didn’t do much.
But Tebow didn’t just put up big stats … he put up supremely efficient stats. He was more accurate, and produced more big passing plays, and was more likely to put the ball in the end zone, and more likely to keep it out of the hands of opposing defenders, than any of the recent collection of No. 1 passing phenoms to come out of the SEC.