Five random things I’d like my son to remember:
- Few things in life are as frequently useful as a good Swiss Army knife (or Leatherman pocket tool). I always have one handy and still own the first one your great-grandmother, Nana Rainy, gave me when I was in fifth or sixth grade.
- I have never regretted not going to a funeral, but I have often regretted not visiting someone before they died.
- Brush and floss at least twice every day. No excuses. Just do it.
- Be passionate about music and be open to hearing new songs. You will not like every song you hear, but you might really like a song you haven’t heard yet.
- Call your mother. She misses you.