I’ve written a little tutorial. If you’re in a group / community blog at blogger and can’t access the “Settings” page to give yourself the right-click “Blog This!” menu, here’s how.
- Open the Registry Editor. (regedit.exe)
- Go to My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\
- Add a new key named “Blog This! (My Blog)”
Obviously, replace “My Blog” with the name of the Blogger blog you want to add.
- The registry editor will automatically add a new (Default) string value of the class REG_SZ. Double-click that (in the right-hand pane of the registry editor) and change its value to http://www.blogger.com/contextScripts/blogthis.pyra?blogID=XXXX
Replace the XXXX with the Blogger blog ID of the blog you want. You can find the blog ID of the blog you want to add by going to the “edit your blog” page of Blogger.com and pulling the ID from the end of the address there.
- This is the only tricky part: You need to add a new REG_BINARY value to the menu. Right-click in the right-hand pane of the registry editor in the empty space below your new (Default) value and select “New”, then “Binary Value”. Name this value contexts.
- Double-click the new contexts key and enter “31”. When you type “31” on the keyboard, a “1” will appear in the window off to the right. Don’t worry about that. Hit OK and you should see your new key in the right-hand pane of the registry editor as
“contexts” – “REG_BINARY” – “31”
(without the dashes or quotes!)
- Close the registry editor.
- Close any open Internet Explorer windows.
- When you re-open IE, you should be able to choose “Blog This!” for the blog you just added.
- Woo hoo!