There’s just something about running in the cold rain. You want to run fast to get done quickly but you also want to be careful and watch every footfall so you don’t slip and break an ankle. Of course “cold” is relative: It was 57°F when I started.
And it wasn’t a torrential downpour or anything like that. It was just “spritzing” a little bit here and there. But combine that with sweat and I was drenched by the time I got back to the house. It felt good.
It almost never rains in Los Angeles; the last time I ran in the rain was when I was in Florida when my mom died.
I just finished a 5.02 mi run with a pace of 9'24"/mi with Nike+ Running. http://t.co/aFAIW7Mw #nikeplus
— David Vincent Gagne (@davidgagne) November 29, 2012
Here was my soundtrack for this morning’s run:
- Dead Flowers — Rolling Stones, The
- W. TX Teardrops — Old 97’s
- Take a Look Around — Limp Bizkit
- Stigmata — Ministry
- Roller Coaster — blink-182
- The Ballad of John and Yoko — Beatles, The
- Magdalena — Flowers, Brandon
- Bizarre Love Triangle — New Order
- Subterranean Homesick Blues — Dylan, Bob
- She’s A Rebel — Green Day