According to my iPhone it was a crisp 44°F when I left the house to run at 5:45 this morning.
Once you’ve lived in Los Angeles for over a decade, that counts as “cold as hell”. I wore a hat and one of my Gator hooded sweatshirts, but by the time I hit 1.5 miles I was soaking with sweat. The sweatshirt felt like it weighed about twenty pounds, and even my battered white Providence College hat felt heavy on my head.
I’d like to get one of those long-sleeved Nike t-shirts for the winter, maybe.
I just finished a 6.71 mi run with a pace of 9'39"/mi with Nike+ Running. http://t.co/3ESgbc5E #nikeplus
— David Vincent Gagne (@davidgagne) November 12, 2012
Here are the tracks I heard on my run:
- Alcohol — Barenaked Ladies
- Sinnerman — Simone, Nina
- It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry — Dylan, Bob
- Jane Says — Jane’s Addiction
- The Boxer — Simon & Garfunkel
- Mr. Brightside — Killers, The
- What’d I Say — Charles, Ray
- Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying from You (featuring Linkin Park) — Jay-Z
- Take a Look Around — Limp Bizkit
- (F)lannigan’s Ball — Dropkick Murphys
- Numb / Encore (featuring Linkin Park) — Jay-Z
- I Just Shot John Lennon — Cranberries, The