I had a brutal migraine when I went to sleep last night. I managed to make it through Game of Thrones and then conked out, still in pain despite several pharmaceutical attempts to relieve the ice pick in my brain. It was still there when my alarm started ringing at 0600, but I knew it wouldn’t be able to survive a long run. So I laced up my sneakers and hit the pavement.
Don’t get me wrong: It hurt like hell to run. Every footfall was murder. But by the time I hit three miles, my headache was gone and I was drenched with sweat. I’ve done a good job of adding a quarter-mile to each run for over a month now, and was happy to push it to 9.75 miles. Ten is a nice round number lurking in the future.
I’m getting increasingly frustrated with the Nike Fuel Band app, but the Running app is still performing like a champ.
— David Vincent Gagne (@davidgagne) June 9, 2014
Here are the tracks I heard on my run:
- Counting Down The Hours — Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
- St. Jimmy — Green Day
- Paradise by the Dashboard Light — Meat Loaf
- Jesus Of Suburbia / City Of The Damned / I Don’t Care / Dearly Beloved / Tales Of Another Broken Home — Green Day
- Gimme Three Steps — Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Armageddon It — Def Leppard
- You Give Love a Bad Name — Bon Jovi
- Radar Love — Golden Earring
- Mr. Freakshow — Gin Wigmore
- Welcome to the Jungle — Guns N’ Roses
- Wake Up — Rage Against the Machine
- Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games — Of Montreal
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) — Proclaimers, The
- American Girl — Petty, Tom & the Heartbreakers
- Duel of the Fates — Williams, John
- Surrender — Cheap Trick
- (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction — Rolling Stones, The
- Forever Yellow Skies — Cranberries, The
- Rock and Roll — Led Zeppelin