I probably should not have bothered to watch the end of the Spurs @ Heat game last night, but I didn’t want to have missed it in case Miami managed to make a comeback. I still managed to hop out of bed at 5:15AM and lace up. I spent about fifteen minutes stretching and waiting for the sun and then hit the road for my ten miles. The first five seemed to be pretty easy, but then the weight of my sweat-soaked t-shirt started to bother me and I sort of lost steam at the end. I still finished, though, so I feel good about that.
My plan is to make it to a half-marathon in quarter-mile increments and then drop back down to five miles and ramp up again in half-mile increments. We’ll see.
— David Vincent Gagne (@davidgagne) June 11, 2014
Here are the tunes I heard on my run this morning:
- We Didn’t Start the Fire — Joel, Billy
- Get Lucky (featuring Pharrell Williams) — Daft Punk
- Oh My — Gin Wigmore
- No Sleep Tonight — Faders, The
- St. Elmo’s Fire (Man in Motion) — Parr, John
- A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More “Touch Me” — Fall Out Boy
- Debaser — Pixies
- Paradise City — Guns N’ Roses
- Lady Madonna — Beatles, The
- Call Me Maybe — Jepsen, Carly Rae
- Homecoming / The Death Of St. Jimmy / East 12th St. / Nobody Likes You / Rock And Roll Girlfriend / We’re Coming Home Again — Green Day
- Brass Monkey — Beastie Boys
- Los Angeles — Sugarcult
- Sinnerman — Simone, Nina
- Should I Stay or Should I Go — Clash, The
- How You Like Me Now — Heavy, The
- Paper Planes — M.I.A.
- Devil With the Blue Dress On / Good Golly Miss Molly — Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
- Billie Jean — Jackson, Michael
- 409 — Beach Boys, The