After eating a lot of chocolate and hunting all over the house for eggs and a brunch at Lakeside which included a pretty strong Bloody Mary and watching a crushing Gators loss in the Elite Eight, I needed to hit the road. I gave myself a solid couple of hours to digest and then knocked out a seven mile route through Beverly Hills.
The weather was perfect for a run, so that was nice. I felt like I was on the verge of vomiting the whole time, so that was less than nice.
— David Vincent Gagne (@davidgagne) April 1, 2013
Here are the songs I heard on my run:
- From a Buick 6 — Dylan, Bob
- Don’t Get Around Much Anymore — McCartney, Paul
- Jesus Of Suburbia / City Of The Damned / I Don’t Care / Dearly Beloved / Tales Of Another Broken Home — Green Day
- Big Brown Eyes — Old 97’s
- Somebody Told Me — Killers, The
- Fast As You — Yoakam, Dwight
- I’m Going Down (Bruce Springsteen cover) — Vampire Weekend
- Death and All His Friends — Coldplay
- You Can Call Me Al — Simon, Paul
- Fix You — Coldplay
The title of this post is from this song, which I’ve played dozens and dozens of times since my mom died.
- Blue Monday — Orgy
- Under Smithville — For Squirrels