I did not feel like getting out of bed this morning, much less running. I don’t know if I caught some sort of flu or just a cold or what, but I had a nasty scratch in the back of my throat every time I swallowed, and my head felt thick and cloudy. But rather than hit the snooze button and head back to dreamland, I pulled on my running shoes and hit the road, Jack.
Maybe, I thought, getting my heart pumping and producing some endorphins and all that jazz will help me knock myself back into shape. And I think it worked. By the time I got back to the house, dripping with sweat and heart-pounding, I felt much better. After some Greek yogurt with granola, a bowl of raisin bran, a half grapefruit, an orange, a tall glass of orange juice, a half-gallon of ice water, and a coffee, I felt fantastic.
— David Vincent Gagne (@davidgagne) April 5, 2013
Here are the songs I heard while running:
- Get Back — Ludacris
- Rehab — Winehouse, Amy
- Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2 — Brown, James
- Call Me Maybe — Jepsen, Carly Rae
- The Last Song — Foo Fighters
- Coffee’s for Closers — Fall Out Boy
The title of this post is from this song.
- Shut Up — blink-182
- Like Eating Glass — Bloc Party
- All Around the World or the Myth of Fingerprints (Early Version) — Simon, Paul
- Eye of the Tiger — Survivor
- Starlight — Muse
- I Just Shot John Lennon — Cranberries, The
- The Horizon Is a Beltway — Low Anthem, The