I have been absolutely nuts for oranges and orange juice lately. I remember when I was a little kid I would go through phases during which I craved OJ like mad, but it’s been probably twenty-five years since the last time that happened. But now I’m drinking two or three glasses every morning and eating an orange (or two or three) every day, too. And after I run or lift weights, I don’t even want water; I just want OJ. Lucky for me they’re absurdly inexpensive here in LA right now. We can get a big bag of seedless Navel oranges for $3.99.
Anyway … Here are some of the things that were on my mind while I ran this morning:
- Is it possible to get too much vitamin C in your diet?
- How am I going to deal with Mother’s Day this year? I’m already feeling like I’m getting gut-punched by ads constantly.
- What are the chances of an average person getting struck and killed by a meteorite?
- How could I have possibly gone so long not realizing that, “Handle me with care,” is the verse in the chorus of The Traveling Wilburys song Handle with Care?
- How many heartbeats do we get?
- Will my child(ren) respect / love The Beatles?
- Is the first Rocky a perfect film? Why did I prefer Rocky II when I was a kid?
- Why in the world is there a circa 1970 grey sedan up on blocks on the side of the road in the middle of Beverly Hills?
— David Vincent Gagne (@davidgagne) April 22, 2013
Here are the songs I heard on my run today:
- Get Free — Vines, The
- Duel of the Fates — Williams, John
- The Dirty Glass — Dropkick Murphys
- Gonna Fly Now (Rocky Theme) — Conti, Bill
- Handle With Care — Lewis, Jenny with The Watson Twins
- …Baby One More Time — Spears, Britney
- Malibu — Hole
- Goodbye In Gasoline — Less Than Jake
- Rehab — Winehouse, Amy
- Tombstone Blues — Dylan, Bob
- Party Rock Anthem (featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock) — LMFAO
- Give the Po’ Man a Break — Fatboy Slim
- Runnin’ Down a Dream — Petty, Tom
- Big Brown Eyes — Old 97’s
- Get Back — Ludacris
- A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More “Touch Me” — Fall Out Boy
- Ana Ng — They Might Be Giants
- Certain Romance, A — Arctic Monkeys